Thursday, April 22, 2010
1:05 AM | Edit Post
Since becoming a mother, I've found myself more concerned with the planet we all live on. I'm far from being totally "green", but I try to make changes here and there whenever I find an opportunity. For example, thanks to my frequent pestering, our apartment manager finally got recycling service for our entire complex! As our usual chemical household cleaners and personal care products run out, I try to find a natural product to replace it. I'd LOVE to hear what kinds of things you are doing today, and always, to become more "green". I hope many of you will share tips that myself and others can use :-)
You can help needy families go more green by cloth diapering! The Cloth Diaper Foundation (you may remember them under the name "Miracle Diapers") is holding an auction for Earth Day to raise funds. They're auctioning off all sorts of awesome cloth diapers and tons of other great items, so you can shop AND help a good cause! Check out the details (HERE)
Stay tuned for Freebie Friday coming up and a series in the next few days where I'll be interviewing unschoolers!
I've also compiled a list of small (mostly WAHM-owned) businesses that are offering deals on Earth Day, so have a look and let them know that I sent ya ;-)
10% off everything in their store! Visit Just Hatched on Etsy HERE
FREE SHIPPING on everything, and a SALE on the Valentine's collection of dryer balls. Visit C & E Creations on Etsy HERE
FREE SHIPPING on all Nursing Necklaces! Visit Little Nurslings on Etsy HERE
FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $20. Visit Yellowhouse Candles HERE
and check them out on Facebook HERE to find out about the new body washes and soaps coming out that aren't posted on the website yet!
Books on sale as low as 99 cents!!! Visit Barefoot Books and see what's on sale HERE
FREE SHIPPING on all Canadian orders until midnight on the 23rd. Visit the Cloth Diaper Shop HERE
Nursing pad sets as low as $2.20! Check out Baby Appleseed on Etsy HERE
20% OFF for Woman Uncensored readers, use COUPON CODE "WU20" at checkout when you shop at Retro Rags HERE
- Unschooling younger children: an interview with Me...
- Win a $25 gift certificate, enter with your breast...
- Pardon me while I burst into flames...
- Interviewing Unschoolers (part 1)
- Earth Day, Green Tips, and Deals!
- Breastmilk, Oat, and Honey Lotion
- Natural Learning: One family's story
- Babies Don't Keep
- The space in between home schooling and public sch...
- Birth as a Bowel Movement
- The Daycare Dilemma (by Jan Hunt)
- Kids Uncensored
- Thank you for being "Child Free" (re-run)
- Update on Old Country Buffet: News story released
- Old Country Buffet calls police on breastfeeding m...
- "I Was Spanked And I'm Fine!"
- ▼ April (16)