Monday, January 25, 2010

Breastfeeding, Dr Seuss style!

This is awesome.  I'm now fairly sure that this was written by the Moms Online group.  If anyone has the original source, feel free to link it, thank you :-)



Would you nurse him in a park?
Would you nurse him in the dark?
Would you nurse him with a boppy?
And when your boobs are feeling floppy?

I would nurse her in the park.
I would nurse him in the dark.
I'd nurse with or without a boppy.
Floppy boobs will never stop me.

Can you nurse with your seat belt on?
Can you nurse from dusk til dawn?
Though she may pinch me, bite me, pull,
I will nurse her til she's full.

Can you nurse and make some soup?
Can you nurse and feed the group?
It makes her healthy strong and smart,
Mommy's milk is the best start!

Would you nurse him at the game?
Would you nurse her in the rain?
In front of those who dare complain?
I would nurse him at the game.
I would nurse her in the rain.
As for those who protest lactation,
I have a perfect explanation.
Mommy milk is tailor made
It's perfect food, you need no aid.
Some may scoff and some may wriggle,
Avert their eyes or even giggle.

To those who can be cruel and rude,
Remind them breast's the perfect food.
I would never scoff or giggle,
Roll my eyes or even wiggle!
I would never be so crass or crude,
I KNOW that this milk's the perfect food!

We make the right amount we need,
The perfect temp for every feed.
There's no compare to milk from breast-
The perfect food, above the rest.

Those nursing smiles are oh so sweet,
Mommy milk is such a treat.
Human milk just can't be beat.
I will nurse, in any case,
On the street or in your face.
I will not let my baby cry,
I'll meet her needs, I'll always try.
It's not about what's good for you,
It's best for babies, through and through.

I will nurse her in my home,
I will nurse her when I roam.
Leave me be lads, leave me be ma'am
I will nurse her, MOM I am.

9 comments:

the girlz said...

Awesome!!!!!

Pamela M. said...

I love this ~ thanks for posting!

Danielle said...

It's from LLL. I would suggest getting permission since it's copyrighted.

Brittany said...

This is great! I absolutely love it!

That Freebie Place said...

I've been told this originated in an online mom group, and was added to by various members. I have no way to verify if this is true. I also could not find it on the LLL website. Is it just something they hand out, are you sure its something someone with LLL actually wrote?

In any case, I've seen this in countless sources all over facebook, forums, and other locations around the internet, and never with credit to an author, but if a proven author contacts me I will be happy to credit them or take it down.

Ariel said...

I have 10 children and have been a nursing mom since 1987, my current nursee is almost a year old. I LOVE this poem!

OurSentiments said...

Love, love, love it. I have read it before, but still enjoy it every time I read it.

Dr Sarah said...

I don't know who wrote this one, but do check out http://www.phdinparenting.com/2009/06/15/would-you-could-you-breastfeed-in-public/, which is another great Dr Seuss parody. ;-)

Bonnie Way aka the Koala Mom said...

Love this poem (and Dr. Suess!). Thanks for sharing! :) Can you submit this for my blog carnival (Write Mama)?

Post a Comment

Imagine this is a dinner party. Differences of opinion are welcome but keep it respectful or the host will show you the door. If you're rude or abusive, your comment will be deleted. This is "Woman Uncensored" not "Random anonymous jackass that needs therapy Uncensored". Feel free to get your own blog and rant all you want there.

Remember what Fonzie was like? Cool. That's how we're going to be - cool. Have fun and thanks for adding to the conversation...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner